Ladakh Studies is the official Journal of the International Association for Ladakh Studies
We publish information relevant to researchers with an interest in the Ladakh region, including both Leh and Kargil districts. We invite our readers to submit essays, book reviews, field notes or research news, and other items relating to current events, media, and knowledge about Ladakh broadly conceived.
The full content of the most recent issues of Ladakh Studies are only available to IALS Members and subscribing libraries. Individual copies of Ladakh Studies are available for purchase from Heritage Bookhouse, Samkar Labrang Shoping Complex, Main Bazaar, Leh, Ladakh.
Back issues of Ladakh Studies are available for download as PDF:
- Ladakh Studies 31 (July 2014)
- Ladakh Studies 30 (Dec 2013)
- Ladakh Studies 29 (Feb 2013)
- Ladakh Studies 28 (June 2012)
- Ladakh Studies 27 (May 2011)
- Ladakh Studies 26 (Nov 2010)
- Ladakh Studies 25 (Feb 2010)
- Ladakh Studies 24 (June 2009)
- Ladakh Studies 23 (Dec 2008)
- Ladakh Studies 22 (July 2008)
- Ladakh Studies 21 (Feb 2007)
- Ladakh Studies 20 (March 2006)
- Ladakh Studies 19 (March 2005)
- Ladakh Studies 18 (Dec 2003)
- Ladakh Studies 17 (Sept 2002)
- Ladakh Studies 16 (Dec 2001)
- Ladakh Studies 15 (Aug 2001)
- Ladakh Studies 14 (Autumn 2000)
- Ladakh Studies 13 (Spring 2000)
- Ladakh Studies 12 (Autumn 1999)
- Ladakh Studies 11 (Spring 1999)
- Ladakh Studies 10 (Summer 1998)
- Ladakh Studies 9 (Winter 1997/98)
- Ladakh Studies 8 (Dec 1996)
- Ladakh Studies 7 (Sept 1994)
- Ladakh Studies 6 (Jan 1993)
- Ladakh Studies 5 (March 1992)
- Ladakh Studies 3 (June 1990)
- Ladakh Studies 1 (August 1988)
Ladakh Studies encourages submissions of short essays–––under 4000 words–––about contemporary events or ongoing research in Ladakh. Essays may cover historical, social, cultural, political, ecological, or scientific topics of interest to IALS members. Book Reviews or “Notes From the Field” should be under 2000 words. All material should be submitted in digital form as email attachments, in MS Word. We also accept digital files sent by CD but formatting may be altered. All illustrations should be submitted digitally as JPG files, under 2 MB.
Essays should be submitted single spaced, with left hand margins, with no indentations but line breaks between paragraphs. They should use social science citation guidelines (Author, Date: page #) in both the text and footnotes, and include a bibliography. Please use 12 point Arial or Times font, format to US letter size paper, and consult previous issues of Ladakh Studies. All essays will be peer reviewed before publication.
Please address editorial submissions and correspondence to:
Sunetro Ghosal, Editor
Stawa, P.O. Box 75, Leh-Ladakh 194 101. India.
Neerh, JBM Road, Amboli Andheri West, Mumbai 400 058. India.
All stories must be accompanied by a title, date, and name of publication (including URL if appropriate). We are always on the lookout for people who want to assist with finding news stories, so if you would like to get involved please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.