John Bray & Elena De Rossi Filibeck (eds.). 2009. Mountains, Monasteries and Mosques. Recent Research on Ladakh and the Western Himalaya. Supplement No. 2 to Rivista degli Studi Orientali 80 (New Series). Pisa & Rome: Sapienza, Università di Roma, Dipartimento di Studi Orientali. ISBN: 8862271883. ISBN-13: 978886227188
- Enzo Gualtiero Bargiacchi: “Ippolito Desideri’s First Remarks on Ladakh”.
- Christian Jahoda: “Spiti and Ladakh in the 17th-19th Centuries: Views from the Periphery”.
- Georgios T. Halkias: “Until the Feathers of the Winged Black Raven Turn White: Sources for the Tibet-Bashahr Treaty of 1679”.
- Kurt Tropper: “A Thousand Maṇis in Immutable Stone. A Donor Inscription at Nako Village (Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh)”.
- John Bray & Tsering D. Gongkatsang: “Three 19th Century Documents from Tibet and the lo phyag Mission from Leh to Lhasa”.
- Arik Moran: “A Project of Imperial Importance: Palampur Fair and the Kangra Tea Industry, 1867-79”.
- Abdul Ghani Sheikh: “The Traditions of Sufism in Ladakh”.
- Shahzad Bashir: “Nūrbakhshīs in the History of Kashmir, Ladakh, and Baltistan: A Critical View on Persian and Urdu Sources”.
Cultural continuities and change
- Pascale Dollfus: “Who are ‘Those of the Black Castle’? Discussing the Past of a Nomadic Group Inhabiting the Southeastern Edge of Ladakh”.
- Elena De Rossi Filibeck: “Wedding Songs from Wam le”.
- Erberto Lo Bue: “Notes on Sky-burial in Indian, Chinese and Nepalese Tibet”.
- Poul Pedersen: “Traditionalism and Cosmopolitanism in the Life of a Modern Ladakhi: Abdul Wahid Radhu and Marco Pallis”.
- Martin A. Mills: “Charting the Shugden Interdiction in the Ladakh Himalaya”.
- Petra Maurer: “Sa bdag and Tortoise. A Survey of the Tradition of Geomancy in Ladakh”.
- Sonam Wangchok: “Sacred Landscapes in the Nubra valley”.